Brandon Marketing Ltd. trading as The Petsafe Superstore
29 Vale View Close
Phone: 01 235 0880
By law, customers have a number of rights in relation to personal data. Further details about customer rights can be obtained by visiting www.dataprotection.ie or www.gdprandyou.ie
What information do we collect
We collect personal data which customers provide to us during the registration and/or enquiry or order process. We also collect any updates to data that customers may provide. Personal data we collect includes:
- Customer contact / billing details (Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Number)
- Shipping details (name, address, telephone number) should this be different to billing address or in cases of third party recipient.
- Payment Details –
o Online orders: Credit/Debit Card details are not processed on our website but are processed via PayPal or Global Payments / Realex payment gateways.
o Telephone orders are processed in accordance with PCI Compliance via an AIB Credit Card Terminal
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
Use of Information Gathered
We process and use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil orders from customers
- To contact our customers, or their intended recipient of their order, when required, in connection with orders, or to respond to any other communications we receive
- Website Administration
- In order for our customers to have access to past orders
- Order tracking
How long we keep personal data
Personal data will be stored for as long as is necessary. Customer details will be stored for warranty purposes and in order to easily facilitate repeat ordering. We will retain personal data which was provided when registering for an account on our website for as long as the account remains active.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may provide your personal data to our suppliers and processors who perform services for us. We share your personal data with third parties who:
- Deliver orders (i.e. third-party couriers with whom we ship our consignments)
- Receiver of goods (If customer has requested a product to be shipped to a third party the buyer of the goods may be disclosed)
- Process Payments (when ordering online)
In addition, we may disclose your personal data in the event of:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to protect the rights and safety of our business and customers. This includes passing of details to relevant parties for the purposes of fraud prevention.
How do we contact our customers
We may contact you by email or by post to send brochures or promotional material but only at your request. We may phone or email our customers to clarify orders or follow up on enquiries made by customers. We DO NOT send newsletters or promotional emails about special offers, new products, or competitions.
Making A Request
We are required under GDPR Law to act on requests and provide information free of charge, except where requests are unfounded, excessive, or repetitive in nature, in which case a fee may be applied (due to administrative costs) or we may refuse to act on the request.
Should you wish to submit a request for information we will act on it as soon as we can, generally within one month, but should the request be taking longer to deal with we will inform you of the delay.
Should you need to contact us for any reason, including issues relating to your personal data, please email email@example.com
Changes to this notice
Any changes to this notice will be published on the website so our customers will always be aware of the data that is collected, how we use it, and if we disclose it.